Inclined to lay down principles as undeniably true: she was not tempted to be dogmatic about what she believed
More example sentences
- Opinions are meant to be asserted - not in dogmatic, unyielding terms, but in confident terms.
- Against his appeals to observation they opposed dogmatic principles.
- He is a tyrannical, dogmatic and highly narcissistic dictator who has no intentions of going down quietly.
opinionated, peremptory, assertive, imperative, insistent, emphatic, adamant, doctrinaire, authoritarian, authoritative, domineering, imperious, high-handed, pontifical, arrogant, overbearing, dictatorial, uncompromising, unyielding, unbending, inflexible, rigid, entrenched, unquestionable, unchallengeable;
intolerant, narrow-minded, small-minded
- More example sentences
- Unfortunately, his theory also dogmatically discounts the possibility of radical political change - in which violence and arbitrary power play at most a peripheral role.
- He has become a father for the first time, something which he loves but which plays havoc with his formerly mischievous and dogmatically obtuse attitude to the music industry.
- ‘I don't have to change anything,’ he says dogmatically.