Definition of dognap in English:
verb (dognaps, dognapping, dognapped)[with object] informal
Steal (a dog), especially in order to sell it: Lassie had been dognapped by a shady businessman
More example sentences
- I dognapped the dog though.
- After Odie is dognapped, Garfield sets out on a journey to find his long-lost canine cohort.
- I never noticed a thing until my girl was dognapped last week (totally my fault; I tied her up outside a store as I always did in San Francisco, but this is Los Angeles).
- Example sentences
- Their manifesto included an announcement that they would resort to causing false fire alarms in an effort to bring the dognappers to their knees.
- Going against her father's wishes in paying her dog's ransom, she personally delivers the sum to the dognappers' headquarters in Whitechapel.
- Before she put the blame on a band of dognappers, she should've considered the inherited traits of her beloved bundle of white.
Definition of dognap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.