Definition of dognap in English:
verb (dognaps, dognapping, dognapped)[with object] informal
Steal (a dog), especially in order to sell it: Lassie had been dognapped by a shady businessman
More example sentences
- I dognapped the dog though.
- After Odie is dognapped, Garfield sets out on a journey to find his long-lost canine cohort.
- I never noticed a thing until my girl was dognapped last week (totally my fault; I tied her up outside a store as I always did in San Francisco, but this is Los Angeles).
- Example sentences
- Their manifesto included an announcement that they would resort to causing false fire alarms in an effort to bring the dognappers to their knees.
- Going against her father's wishes in paying her dog's ransom, she personally delivers the sum to the dognappers' headquarters in Whitechapel.
- Before she put the blame on a band of dognappers, she should've considered the inherited traits of her beloved bundle of white.
Definition of dognap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan