- Either of two short watches on a ship (4-6 or 6-8 p.m.).More example sentences
- The latter half of the first dog watch found Hornblower next to McMasters, officer of the first dogwatch.
- The dogwatches last only two hours each so the same sailors aren't always on duty at the same time each afternoon.
- The forenoon of each day was taken up cleaning and servicing the aircraft, but in the afternoon and during the dogwatches different sports contests were arranged.
More definitions of dogwatchDefinition of dogwatch in:
- The US English dictionary