Definition of dolorous in English:
Feeling or expressing great sorrow or distress: a dolorous and repetitive tale of atrocity
More example sentences
- Far from being dour and dolorous, one of the clearest fruits of grace is a childlike joy.
- They had heard so very little of this; yet it was enough to build up wretched dolorous dreams upon, there in the shade of the night.
- A gently dolorous Bulgarian folk-tune unfolds as a duet.
- Example sentences
- A burglar alarm on the house opposite is dolorously winking a tiny white light.
- ‘Don't worry about it,’ he dolorously replies.
- Every time I came, it seemed, I met a lugubrious local figure who shook his head and dolorously announced that the weather had been beautiful until that very morning.
Definition of dolorous in:
- US English dictionary