A person who is living with another in a close personal and sexual relationship.
- That's silly, and it trivializes the very real and widespread discrimination faced by gay and lesbian domestic partners in insurance, employment, housing, and inheritance.
- Several of the companies on our list expanded their nondiscrimination policies and began to provide the same benefits to the domestic partners of gay and lesbian employees that they do to straight spouses.
- Whether the words come from a husband, a domestic partner, a lover, a parent, a sibling, or a friend, they always wound.
domestic partnership noun
- Example sentences
- ‘It's using language to deny the reality of domestic partnerships,’ I said angrily at a meeting of our Toronto section.
- Through their 58 years together, they mostly stood by as others fought for rights like civil unions or domestic partnerships.
- The wording of the amendment is also alleged to include verbiage which would make domestic partnerships and civil unions null and void as well.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: do|mes¦tic part|ner
Definition of domestic partner in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.