- Any of the seven letters A-G used in Church calendars to indicate the date (1-7 January) on which the first Sunday in the year falls, and hence in dating movable feasts.More example sentences
- Combining this value with a table of Sunday or dominical letters, Easter could be derived without calculation.
- However, he does not specify the years to which the dominical letters in his calendar refer.
- Use the epact and dominical letter for any year to look up the date of Easter in the table.
More definitions of dominical letterDefinition of dominical letter in:
- The US English dictionary