- A style of pop music marked by the use of close harmony vocals using nonsense phrases, originating in the US in the 1950s.More example sentences
- This is the high peak of their doo-wop, with tricky little rhythms on the falsetto lead line and some extremely beautiful lyrics that seem to go beyond high school puppy love into something more universal.
- Jump blues, country, gospel, western swing and pop - forget stereotypes, primal rock was more than just doo-wop and rockabilly.
- These audio jump cuts and sudden changes in ambience were also reflected in the music, as doo-wop, pop songs, political commentary, fuzz guitar rock and cocktail jazz all piled up on each other.
- More example sentences
- It wasn't just the doo-woppers who padded or enriched their repertoire with pop oldies.
- This album is out of print as the doo-woppers are currently in the studio getting ready to release a new album.
- The only confusing aspect of this version of the play was trying to establish early on what part the doo-woppers played in the production.
More definitions of doo-wopDefinition of doo-wop in:
- The US English dictionary