1A mat placed in a doorway, on which people can wipe their shoes on entering a building.
- The group is looking at manufacturing doormats and shoe soles out of recycled footwear.
- Those seeking to look beyond outfits can look at cotton doormats, dhurries, aprons, gloves and dining tablemats - some of the many kitchen accessories that are on display.
- Finally, you'll need a small rag or doormat to clean your shoes if you're bouldering outdoors.
1.1A submissive person who allows others to dominate them: to put up with such treatment you must be either a saint or a doormat
More example sentences
- And we must not, under any circumstance, allow ourselves to become a doormat for the other person.
- If you let yourself be treated as a doormat, then people will treat you as a doormat.
- If your parents are nice people who do not assert themselves, no doubt you will grow up to be one of life's doormats.
Words that rhyme with doormatformat
Definition of doormat in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.