- 1A mat placed in a doorway, on which people can wipe their shoes on entering a building.More example sentences
- The group is looking at manufacturing doormats and shoe soles out of recycled footwear.
- Those seeking to look beyond outfits can look at cotton doormats, dhurries, aprons, gloves and dining tablemats - some of the many kitchen accessories that are on display.
- Finally, you'll need a small rag or doormat to clean your shoes if you're bouldering outdoors.
- 1.1A submissive person who allows others to dominate them: to put up with such treatment you must be either a saint or a doormatMore example sentences
- And we must not, under any circumstance, allow ourselves to become a doormat for the other person.
- If you let yourself be treated as a doormat, then people will treat you as a doormat.
- If your parents are nice people who do not assert themselves, no doubt you will grow up to be one of life's doormats.
More definitions of doormatDefinition of doormat in:
- The US English dictionary