- A stud set in a door for strength or as an ornament.More example sentences
- In spite of being dumber than a doornail, the minister immediately picked up on it.
(as) dead as a doornail
- Quite dead: the plants are all as dead as a doornailMore example sentences
- Everyone in front of me was dead - dead as a doornail.
- ‘As a doctrine, it's dead as a doornail,’ he insists.
- If we'd lost it this estate would have been dead as a doornail.
More definitions of doornailDefinition of doornail in:
- The US English dictionary