noun (plural doozies)• informal , chiefly North American
- Something outstanding or unique of its kind: it’s gonna be a doozy of a black eyeMore example sentences
- Be sure to check back tomorrow, though, coz that one's gonna be a doozy.
- Not that her failure to do so in any way excuses what sounds like a doozy of a temper tantrum on her part.
- What I didn't count on was that while we settled into our grown-up middle aged persona, the right wing was going to have a doozy of a mid-life crisis and hurl themselves into true radicalism.
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of doozyDefinition of doozy in:
- The US English dictionary