noun (plural doronicums)
- A plant of the genus Doronicum in the daisy family, especially (in gardening) leopard’s bane.More example sentences
- The advantage for doronicums of being grown in shade is that their bright-yellow daisies don't bleach, as they do in sun.
- Cut down spring flowering perennials - e.g. pulmonarias and doronicums - after flowering to produce a neat mound of new foliage.
- Plant near purple honesty, the golden daisylike doronicums, orange and yellow wallflowers, or yellow and bronzy pansies.
modern Latin (Linnaeus), from modern Greek dōronikon, from Persian darūnak.
More definitions of doronicumDefinition of doronicum in:
- The US English dictionary