Definition of dorsiflex in English:
verb[with object] Physiology
Bend (something, typically the hand or foot) dorsally or towards its upper surface: the subject dorsiflexed the ankle
More example sentences
- The patient then dorsiflexes the foot 10 times according to a standard protocol and then rests for 45 seconds.
- The equinus is corrected by dorsiflexing the fully abducted foot.
- On the other hand, eversion of an axially loaded and dorsiflexed ankle may be a far more prevalent injury mechanism in snowboarding compared with other activities.
- Example sentences
- The mechanism of injury is excessive dorsiflexion and eversion of the ankle joint with internal rotation of the tibia.
- In medial ankle sprains, the mechanism of injury is excessive eversion and dorsiflexion.
- In some cases, a night splint for a period of 6 to 8 weeks in a dorsiflexed position is helpful to maintain and enhance passive dorsiflexion.
Definition of dorsiflex in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan