- 1(Of a leaf or other part of a plant) having dissimilar dorsal and ventral surfaces.More example sentences
- The older second leaf becomes dorsiventral to the first.
- It has a thin crustose dorsiventral thallus.
- Despite the great diversity of leaf morphology, all leaves are defined by a flattened dorsiventral transactional symmetry, determinate development, and initiation from the flanks of the shoot apical meristem.
- 1.1 another term for dorsoventral.
- More example sentences
- In addition, these modified leaves displayed a reduced dorsiventrality with ramified and larger epidermal trichomes (not shown).
- During this time, dorsiventrality was established, but a radicle was not yet differentiated.
- These results do not indicate that in potatoes the dorsiventrality of the leaves is induced by the stem apex.
More definitions of dorsiventralDefinition of dorsiventral in:
- The US English dictionary