Definition of dorsolateral in English:
adjectiveAnatomy & Biology
Relating to or involving the dorsal and lateral surfaces.
- The lateral and medial lemnisci are gathered together in a large bundle that passes around the dorsolateral surface of the superior cerebellar peduncle to reach the midbrain tegmentum.
- The pulvinar of the thalamus is seen dorsolateral to the midbrain.
- Common are paired dorsal scars immediately in front of the last suture on the dorsal or dorsolateral side of the body.
- Example sentences
- Ascending from the medulla and curving dorsolaterally into the tegmentum of the midbrain is the medial lemniscus, on its way to the thalamus.
- At about midlength of the dorsal ridge of the pubis, a small pubic tubercle is directed dorsolaterally.
- First, the limb girdles are elaborated ventrally but reduced dorsolaterally.
Definition of dorsolateral in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan