Definition of dosage in English:
1The size or frequency of a dose of a medicine or drug: a dosage of 450 milligrams a day [mass noun]: there are recommendations about dosage in elderly patients
More example sentences
- If possible, quantitative recommendations on dosages and dosing intervals should be made.
- Most over-the-counter and prescription drugs list different dosages based on the size of a child or warn not to use the medicine with children.
- Doctors routinely access medical databases for drug dosages and interactions.
1.1A level of exposure to or absorption of ionizing radiation.
- Exposure to large radiation dosages can be lethal, or can lead to cancer and birth defects.
- The radiation dosage to the general public from released gases was less than the amount of exposure from drinking a cup of coffee.
- This method allows irradiation dosages due to low level radiation to be severely underestimated.
Words that rhyme with dosagesausage
Definition of dosage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia