- (In Ayurvedic medicine) each of three energies believed to circulate in the body and govern physiological activity, their differing proportions determining individual temperament and physical constitution and (when unbalanced) causing a disposition to particular physical and mental disorders.More example sentences
- This natural internal state of balance is described in terms of an important Ayurvedic concept - the doshas.
- The combination of doshas determines our body's constitution, or prakruti, which governs how we respond to events in life, emotionally and physically.
- Tridosha defines the three fundamental doshas or principles that govern the function of our bodies on the physical, mental and emotional levels.
Sanskrit doṣa, literally 'fault, disease'.
More definitions of doshaDefinition of dosha in:
- The US English dictionary