- An old person, especially one who has become weak or senile.More example sentences
- Which, unfortunately, the wilting dotards are too frightened to do themselves.
- He wants to reform the impossibly cliquey party, long ruled by smug dotards who have turned political nest-feathering into a national art-form to rival ikebana and origami.
- In Laputa Gulliver finds the wise men so wrapped up in their speculations as to be utter dotards in practical affairs.
More definitions of dotardDefinition of dotard in:
- The US English dictionary