Definition of doting in English:
Extremely and uncritically fond of someone; adoring: she was spoiled outrageously by her doting father
More example sentences
- He frequently complimented her, playing the part of the doting husband to the hilt.
- In at the birth of the peace process, Hayden remained a doting parent throughout the nineties.
- He spent about four hours casting from various angles, without a hook, watching the trout with the eyes of a doting daddy.
- Example sentences
- ‘It is ultimately up to them,’ he says, looking dotingly at his daughters.
- Seventy years ago an Eton schoolmaster dotingly built his soprano wife a bijou opera-house beside the country pile he inherited on the Sussex Downs at Glyndebourne.
- ‘They cannot possibly compare to you,’ I said dotingly into her ear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan