Extremely and uncritically fond of someone; adoring: she was spoiled outrageously by her doting father
More example sentences
- He frequently complimented her, playing the part of the doting husband to the hilt.
- In at the birth of the peace process, Hayden remained a doting parent throughout the nineties.
- He spent about four hours casting from various angles, without a hook, watching the trout with the eyes of a doting daddy.
- Example sentences
- ‘It is ultimately up to them,’ he says, looking dotingly at his daughters.
- Seventy years ago an Eton schoolmaster dotingly built his soprano wife a bijou opera-house beside the country pile he inherited on the Sussex Downs at Glyndebourne.
- ‘They cannot possibly compare to you,’ I said dotingly into her ear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.