- 1A line made up of dots or dashes (often used in reference to the space left for a signature on a contract): Adam signed on the dotted line with a flourishMore example sentences
- The addition of information on relatives for genetic evaluation is depicted by dotted lines, while dashed lines designate the use of predicted BLUP values.
- Vertical full lines delimit introns, and vertical dotted lines delimit the intergenic spaces.
- Dorsal and ventral clone borders are indicated by white dashed and yellow dotted lines, respectively.
- 2An indirect, informal, or secondary line of responsibility within an organization (as represented by a dotted line on an organizational chart): I report to Hal Jones, our CFO, with a dotted line to the audit committeeMore example sentences
- I have a dotted-line report to the finance function in Amsterdam, but we are governed and managed by the regional office.
- Given such close cooperation - which includes cross-functional teams, dotted-line reporting relationships, and various forms of resource sharing - one might ask, why create a separate organization at all?
- The networks report directly to Kellner, with a dotted line to Ancier.
More definitions of dotted lineDefinition of dotted line in:
- The US English dictionary