- 1chiefly US (In blackjack) double a bet after seeing one’s initial cards, with the requirement that one additional card be drawn: the amount only increases when you choose to split or double down he doubled down on a pair and lostMore example sentences
- Whenever you double down, you're making a tradeoff with the house.
- Virtually every situation you can come up with in blackjack is covered - whether to hit, stand, split, or double down.
- You can only double down on the first two cards.
- 1.1Strengthen one’s commitment to a particular strategy or course of action, typically one that is potentially risky: he decided to double down and escalate the war the third quarter of the year saw central banks doubling down on the quantitative easing approachMore example sentences
- I'm betting that the bankers will, for the most part double down.
- At the same time, many employers who've had to kick in more money to keep pensions solvent doubled down on efforts to rid themselves of old plans.
- We have to reverse those policies, not double down on them.
More definitions of double downDefinition of double down in:
- The US English dictionary