- (Of a window) consisting of two sliding vertical sashes.More example sentences
- Horizontal sliding windows are like double-hung windows except that the sashes are located on the left and right edges rather than on the tops and bottoms.
- Its major drawback is that it wears quickly and cannot be used where friction occurs, such as the sash channel of a double-hung window.
- Similar to a double-hung window, the sashes are made up of an upper and lower rail and 2 stiles.
More definitions of double-hungDefinition of double-hung in:
- The US English dictionary