Definition of double lock in English:
A type of spring lock which may be used as a deadlock by an extra turn of the key.
- Slowly, I reached out to shut off the ringer on the phone, then went to the door and made sure that all the deadbolts and double locks were securely in place.
- Only I'd forgotten his door had one of those ridiculous double locks with a combination, and I couldn't open it.
- The house came with locks for all the windows and double locks for the doors.
verbBack to top
(double-lock) [with object] Fasten (a door) with two locks, or with a double lock: don’t forget to double-lock Wayne’s door
More example sentences
- But we are also abandoning red meat, drinking bottled water, double-locking our doors at night and sending our kids out with a crash helmet when they're pedalling the trike around the lawn.
- After double-locking the door behind her, you vow to start driving - being around the public is even more of a risk than road traffic accidents.
- ‘The front door is double-locked,’ I said in a reassuring tone.
Definition of double lock in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.