Definition of double lock in English:
A type of spring lock which may be used as a deadlock by an extra turn of the key.
- Slowly, I reached out to shut off the ringer on the phone, then went to the door and made sure that all the deadbolts and double locks were securely in place.
- Only I'd forgotten his door had one of those ridiculous double locks with a combination, and I couldn't open it.
- The house came with locks for all the windows and double locks for the doors.
verbBack to top
(double-lock) [with object] Fasten (a door) with two locks, or with a double lock: don’t forget to double-lock Wayne’s door
More example sentences
- But we are also abandoning red meat, drinking bottled water, double-locking our doors at night and sending our kids out with a crash helmet when they're pedalling the trike around the lawn.
- After double-locking the door behind her, you vow to start driving - being around the public is even more of a risk than road traffic accidents.
- ‘The front door is double-locked,’ I said in a reassuring tone.
Definition of double lock in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan