- (In ball games) block (an opponent) with two players: one really good player that everybody has to double-teamMore example sentences
- The one handed player is essentially double-teamed even when he has a single defender.
- Making those perimeter shots is the key at a time opponents are double-teaming McGrady on almost every possession and Yao on most possessions.
- A No.2 receiver is needed to stretch defenses and make opponents pay for double-teaming him.
nounBack to top
- An act of double-teaming: they mounted an effective double-teamMore example sentences
- He put the ball in Iverson's hands right after Sixers rebounds, and that prevented the Pacers from setting effective double-teams.
- The second is to encourage the man with the ball to put it on the floor, since a double-team is more effective once the ball handler has used his dribble.
- Getting into position hurriedly may prevent an effective double-team.
More definitions of double-teamDefinition of double-team in:
- The US English dictionary