- A Spanish gold coin.More example sentences
- Most valued are the doubloons, aluminum coins about the size of a silver dollar with the krewe's emblem.
- So I took my mother's spoons and headed out for the backyard where I proceeded to dig about a zillion holes in the ground searching for gold doubloons.
- For a brief instant, he imagined opening the chest to find gold doubloons or the like but then the adult in him rose up and chastised his childish side.
early 17th century: from French doublon or its source, Spanish doblón, from doble 'double' (so named because the coin was worth double the value of a pistole).
More definitions of doubloonDefinition of doubloon in:
- The US English dictionary