- 1Certainly; without doubt: the company would doubtless find the reduced competition to their likingMore example sentences
undoubtedly, indubitably, doubtlessly, no doubt, without (a) doubt, beyond (a) doubt, beyond the shadow of a doubt; unquestionably, beyond question, indisputably, undeniably, incontrovertibly, irrefutably; unequivocally, clearly, plainly, obviously, patently, positively, absolutely, certainly, with certainty; decidedly, definitely, surely, assuredly, of course, indeed
- One can debate endlessly the validity of his choice, as indeed the author doubtless did before he settled on his 10.
- You or I could go on a one-day sushi course and doubtless produce something at the end of it, but our amateurism would show.
- When an agent is aware that there are certain things he is not free to do, this doubtless affects his desires and limits the range of choices he can make.
- 1.1Presumably or very probably: doubtless you’ll solve the problemMore example sentences
- At 37, he is in the twilight of his senior career, but will doubtless know enough to hold his corner tomorrow.
- The future comes wrapped with many possibilities, and she will doubtless go on to be many things to many people.
- It's likely to be a close one and doubtless both sides will be fancying their respective chances.
- More example sentences
- Sinn Fein's negotiating position is doubtlessly as strategic and considered as ever.
- In the course of his research he will doubtlessly have stumbled across this aspect.
- The man's reputation doubtlessly preceded him.