(also douc monkey)
- A langur with black, white, and orange fur, native to the tropical rainforests of SE Asia.
More example sentences
- Pygathrix nemaeus, family Cercopithecidae
- The RNase1 gene was duplicated twice in ancestral ruminants at least 40 MYA, and it was also duplicated in the douc langur, an Asian colobine, approximately 4 MYA.
- Here we use both computational and experimental approaches to address these questions in a study of the pancreatic ribonuclease gene and its duplicate gene in a leaf-eating colobine monkey, douc langur.
- The critically endangered Tonkin snub-nosed monkey was discovered in the 1980s, and the gray-shanked douc langur was discovered in just the last few years.
late 18th century: douc via French from Vietnamese.