(also douceur de vie /viː, vi/)
- A way of living that is pleasant and free from worries: the douceur de vivre enjoyed in the country houses of the very richMore example sentences
- Objectives are equable climate, general douceur de vie and an absence of riff-raff.
- It manifests douceur de vivre and ad-hocism: there are, for instance, the oddest lights which are like translucent orange flowerpots.
- Many of us are still tempted to think of traditional French culture as the ultimate in civilisation and douceur de vivre.
French, literally 'sweetness of living (or life)'.
More definitions of douceur de vivreDefinition of douceur de vivre in:
- The US English dictionary