- A slender deciduous Chinese tree with flowers that bear large white bracts said to resemble doves' wings, grown as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Davidia involucrata, family Nyssaceae
- Many of the plants are endangered species, including the dove tree and the ginkgo.
- Davidia involucrata is commonly called the ‘handkerchief tree ‘or the ‘dove tree‘.
- Known as a ‘gene bank for wild and rare animals and plants,’ the park is home to endangered species, such as giant pandas, snub-nosed monkeys and dove trees.
More definitions of dove treeDefinition of dove tree in:
- The US English dictionary