A shelter with nest holes for domesticated pigeons.
More example sentences
- Town clerk Graham Gittins said Chester City Council had halved the city's pigeon flock by introducing dovecotes in strategic areas and attracting birds to roost in them by providing food.
- We sat on the village bench, pulled on our boots, speculated on how many of the pretty sandstone houses were holiday cottages and eventually realised that the immobile pigeon in a dovecote was not alive, but not dead either.
- The council is also launching a leaflet campaign to aimed at people who feed the birds on a regular basis, asking them to feed the pigeons at the dovecote.
flutter the dovecotes (also cause a flutter among the dovecotes)
- Startle or upset a sedate or conventionally minded community: it is his promotion that will flutter the dovecotes most of allMore example sentences
- Something which would, of course, flutter the dovecoats if it were suggested in one of Derridas essays.
Definition of dovecote in:
- The US English dictionary