- A change to a lower gear in a motor vehicle.More example sentences
- I have now accustomed myself to its limitations and have become reserved about overtaking and used to swift downchanges of gear.
- You need to match the revs on the downchange when pressing on with the largely forgotten art of heel-and-toe.
- It would be better if the brake pedal offered a more stable fulcrum for heel-and-toe downchanges, even if that meant it needed a firmer shove.
verb[with object] Back to top
- 1.1 [no object] Change to a lower gear.More example sentences
- The system worked well, t hough it seemed slow to respond to the ‘resume’ command - unlike some German vehicles, which respond fast by downchanging and propelling you to the chosen speed.
- Cue frantic braking, downchanging and wheel twirling in that order, combined with the anticipation of the front end sliding wide to the accompaniment of squealing rubber.
- I just downchanged going up a hill, and it snapped on me.