- 1North American another term for upfield ( sense 1).More example sentences
- A few minutes later, Gloucester launch a huge kick downfield.
- The final pass was intercepted and swept downfield for him to apply the finish, a chance at one end, a goal at the other within seconds.
- It was a lateral that was supposed to set up a pass downfield.
- 2 Physics In a direction corresponding to decreasing field strength.More example sentences
- The center of the proton multiplet is about 0.12 ppm downfield from the center of the terminal proton multiplet in diborane.
More definitions of downfieldDefinition of downfield in:
- The US English dictionary