- A force, produced by a combination of air resistance and gravity, that acts on a moving vehicle, having the effect of pressing it down towards the ground and giving it increased stability.More example sentences
- The nose and flat bottom are designed for ground effect and there is positive downforce over the front axle.
- But then you still need a soft tyre because the corners are very slow and you don't have the downforce to keep the tyre on the ground.
- Grip levels are very high thanks to the sorted chassis and at higher speeds thanks to the downforce package.
More definitions of downforceDefinition of downforce in:
- The US English dictionary