- A downward tendency, especially in economic matters.More example sentences
- ‘We've been on an economic downtrend for the past three years that needs to be stopped,’ said the head of the BDA employers association.
- At least part of it should be used to repay borrowings, as I think the long-term downtrend in interest rates is over.
- The US economy is still on a strong downtrend with no signs of stabilisation yet on the horizon.
More definitions of downtrendDefinition of downtrend in:
- The US English dictionary