- Towards a lower level; in a downward direction.More example sentences
- He is in a difficult situation, because this is the second time he has downwardly revised growth figures.
- The lower formation 44 comprises a downwardly opening channel 46 having a pair of opposed internal projections 48 that extend towards each other but do not meet.
- This will mean that in rural areas for some locations the number of beds that can be reached will be upwardly biased, while for other locations in the same area the number of beds that can be reached will be downwardly biased.
- see mobile.More example sentences
- Downwardly mobile people like myself, or college students fresh off the parental dole, often get themselves in trouble for a couple reasons.
- In another case, racism is articulated by downwardly mobile groups targeting nearby others.
- I'm happy enough to be the black sheep of the team, just like I'm the most downwardly mobile member of my family.
More definitions of downwardlyDefinition of downwardly in:
- The US English dictionary