adverb & adjective
- In the direction in which the wind is blowing: [as adverb]: warnings were issued to people living downwind of the fire [as adjective]: downwind landingsMore example sentences
- But we were on the weather side and the rocks and ashes had been blowing downwind and we weren't on that side of the volcano.
- We even skip the 2:15 start time given our ability to stay put and not get blown downwind.
- And so in Tasmania we have no significant detriment in the downwind direction.
More definitions of downwindDefinition of downwind in:
- The US English dictionary