- Mildew on a plant which is marked by a whitish down composed of spore-forming hyphae, penetrating more deeply into the plant than powdery mildew.
More example sentences
- Family Peronosporaceae, subdivision Mastigomycotina
- Both powdery mildew and downy mildew often infect squash plants as autumn nights grow cooler and dew keeps the foliage moist through the night.
- Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.
- On cultivars highly susceptible to downy mildew and powdery mildew, some post harvest application may be required to protect foliage and prevent premature defoliation.
More definitions of downy mildewDefinition of downy mildew in:
- The US English dictionary