Definition of doxology in English:
noun (plural doxologies)
A liturgical formula of praise to God: after the singing of the doxology the congregation separated
More example sentences
- Finally, Hippolytus ends his prayers with a doxology, which includes mention of ‘the Holy Spirit in the holy church.’
- We frame our doxologies of praise to God the Creator, borrowing words from the psalmists and the liturgists of Genesis 1.
- In many manuscripts of Matthew 6 we find the familiar doxology, ‘For the Kingdom and the power and the glory are yours for ever'.
- Example sentences
- Second, there is a given doxological posture that demarcates and identifies a space as a contemplative and healing place.
- Instead, there is no self, no being prior to its doxological performance.
- Both combine God and the Lamb as joint objects of doxological honor and praise.
Definition of doxology in:
- US English dictionary