Definition of doxology in English:
noun (plural doxologies)
A liturgical formula of praise to God: after the singing of the doxology the congregation separated
More example sentences
- Finally, Hippolytus ends his prayers with a doxology, which includes mention of ‘the Holy Spirit in the holy church.’
- We frame our doxologies of praise to God the Creator, borrowing words from the psalmists and the liturgists of Genesis 1.
- In many manuscripts of Matthew 6 we find the familiar doxology, ‘For the Kingdom and the power and the glory are yours for ever'.
- Example sentences
- Second, there is a given doxological posture that demarcates and identifies a space as a contemplative and healing place.
- Instead, there is no self, no being prior to its doxological performance.
- Both combine God and the Lamb as joint objects of doxological honor and praise.
Definition of doxology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan