nounNorth American derogatory
A person who has avoided compulsory military service.
- They are following in the footsteps of tens of thousands of military deserters and draft dodgers who went to Canada during the Vietnam War.
- There is only one group that likes the idea of conscription less than future draft dodgers: the military.
- You claim that Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodger who avoided Vietnam because he had a ‘pimple on his rear.’
draft dodging noun
- Example sentences
- Is there a reason that associates the National Guard with draft dodging?
- There were thousands of stories about his draft dodging.
- The peasantry carried the main burden of the draft, and many resisted through desertion, draft dodging, and even uprisings.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: draft dodger
Definition of draft dodger in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.