noun (plural draftsmen)
- 1A person who drafts legal documents: parliamentary draftsmen seem to delight in complicating even the simplest provisionMore example sentences
- This is too complex a matter to be left in the clandestine care of legal draftsmen.
- He said there were two clear organisations - a supporters group and a political party - and while it may not have pleased a legal draftsman it was the way the party chose to establish itself.
- The loophole that led to the collapse of the ban had escaped the gaze of the legal draftsmen, the Attorney General and the Cabinet.
- 2chiefly North American variant spelling of draughtsman.
More definitions of draftsmanDefinition of draftsman in:
- The US English dictionary