- 1A sweet consisting of a centre covered with a coating, such as a sugared almond.More example sentences
- In the confectionery industry today, fruit pastes appear to have been reduced to a minor role as centres for fondant, chocolates, and dragées.
- They were inspired by the traditional French confectionery item, dragées, which are provided by godmothers for guests at christenings, and which originally had an almond in the centre.
- 1.1A small silver ball for decorating a cake.More example sentences
- Silver dragées, often used for cake decorations, are dragées given a final tumbling with a little gum solution and sheets of fine silver leaf in a glass pan.
- Once iced you can apply silver dragées, or other sprinkles just as mentioned with the frosting above, before it hardens.
late 17th century (also denoting a mixture of spices): French, from Old French dragie (see dredge2).
More definitions of dragéeDefinition of dragée in:
- The US English dictionary