- A net drawn through a river or across ground to trap fish or game.More example sentences
- The city fishermen use the shore seine, a huge dragnet attached to a three-kilometre long rope to catch species like the small stolephorus fish.
- Ecology Action Centre challenges the Department of Fisheries and Oceans on dragnet fishing policy.
- Fishermen still using dragnets are being urged by the Trat provincial authority to turn to tourism as an alternative profession, in the hope that this will mitigate the impact of the government's decision to ban dragnet fishery.
More definitions of dragnetDefinition of dragnet in:
- The US English dictionary