- An arum of the eastern Mediterranean, with a deep purple spathe and spadix and an unpleasant smell.
More example sentences
- Dracunculus vulgaris, family Araceae
- This is one of the most named plants around: Dracunculus vulgaris (also known as Arum dracunculus) is also known as the Dragon Arum, the Voodoo Lily, Ragons, the Snake Lily, the Black Arum, the Black Dragon, Dragonwort, and Stink Lily.
- Nope, to survive, the Dragon Arum needs to attract carrion-eating pollinators, which means that in the breeding season it will smell of rotten meat for a few days.
More definitions of dragon arumDefinition of dragon arum in:
- The US English dictionary