- 1The action or process of draining something: the pot must have holes in the base for good drainage the drainage of wetlandsMore example sentences
- Hydrostatic pressure can build up behind a stone wall if there is inadequate drainage at the base.
- Ventilation and drainage of their secretions is essential for proper functioning.
- Bladder injury during colposuspension requires formal surgical closure and drainage for five days.
- 1.1A system of drains: they set about renewing and repairing drainage and water suppliesMore example sentences
- These pools can be eliminated by repairs or improvements to the water supply or drainage system.
- There are three types of water flow in karst drainage systems: conduit, fissure, and diffuse.
- Sewage is slopped out into the surface water drainage system through the roadside gullies.
More definitions of drainageDefinition of drainage in:
- The US English dictionary