Definition of drainpipe in English:
1A pipe for carrying off rainwater or liquid refuse from a building.
- When the drainpipe terminates outside the building it can be installed in a fully visible location, such as at the front porch or along a common walkway.
- In a recent column, you stated that the drainpipe for a water heater must terminate at the exterior of a building, even when the water heater is installed in a garage.
- Kim carried on down the drainpipe and when she reached the end of the guttering, she glanced around to see if there was anyone in the surrounding streets.
1.1 (drainpipes or drainpipe trousers) Trousers with very narrow legs.
- It could be that your drainpipe trousers weren't quite narrow enough, you didn't have the current cool brand of shoes or you hadn't bought the last big thing pop record.
- I have on a pair of very tight drainpipe trousers, shirt and skinny tie, and a jacket whose thin lapels are partly hidden by a row of tiny badges featuring the names of punk bands.
- I was still in grey flannel shorts, and I'd see all these wonderful-looking women and all these guys with sunglasses and drainpipe trousers.
Words that rhyme with drainpipetailpipe • pitchpipe
Definition of drainpipe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan