Definition of dramaturge in English:
- They come from all departments at the drama school: they are actors, technical designers, directors, dramaturgs, stage and theater managers, and designers of sets, sound, and lighting.
- In our May 29 theatre column it was written that Peter Hinton was the artistic director of Playwrights' Workshop Montreal when in fact he's the playwright and dramaturg in residence.
- Romeo and Juliet, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead and West Side Story are just some of the many classic reworkings of Shakespearean text, paying due homage to his work, the apotheosis of the art of the dramaturge.
2A literary editor on the staff of a theatre who liaises with authors and edits texts.
- The 12 performances draw an audience of more than 1,500 playgoers - among them about 70 industry people, including literary managers, dramaturgs, and artistic directors.
- Greig hopes his new role as dramaturg at the National Theatre of Scotland alongside artistic director Vicky Featherstone, below, will give him a breather.
- I find it difficult to explain why the play therefore is unsatisfactory, after all the company, Theatre Centre, employs a dramaturge, Bonnie Greer.
Words that rhyme with dramaturgedemiurge • upsurge
Definition of dramaturge in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan