- Avoid discussing or calling attention to (something embarrassing or unpleasant): I will draw a veil over the cheerless days that followedMore example sentences
- Anyone can have an off day, and we'll draw a veil over which one of us it was.
- Mr Khatami unintentionally drew a veil over a system that everyone knows is terrible.
- After a humiliating pasting at the by-election earlier this year, where they didn't just lose the MSP seat but slumped into third place, one would have thought Labour would have been keen to draw a veil over a memorably inept campaign.
More definitions of draw a veil overDefinition of draw a veil over in:
- The US English dictionary