Definition of dreadlocks in English:
A Rastafarian hairstyle in which the hair is washed but not combed and twisted while wet into tight braids or ringlets hanging down on all sides: a stately Rastafarian in dreadlocks nursed a dark ale
More example sentences
- Those Rastafarians with dreadlocks who never wash their hair may be on to something.
- His hair was twisted in short dreadlocks that hung down past his chin.
- It kind of looks a little like dreadlocks but I have braided it so that it doesn't get too tangled in the hands of a two year old.
- Example sentences
- A tightly backcombed style can border on the tangles of a dreadlocked do.
- To clean your scalp between shampoos, especially if you wear braided or dreadlocked styles, wipe it with an astringent-soaked cotton hall or pad.
- Fortunately this doesn't happen and much to my relief, Sky decides to leave the dreadlocked wig and opts for the blonde one.
Words that rhyme with dreadlocksWilcox • backblocks
Definition of dreadlocks in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.