Definition of dressing room in English:
1A room in which actors or sports players change clothes before and after their performance or game.
- I've been in dressing rooms with players who had no knowledge of football.
- There will be an uneasiness in the dressing room and players will wonder what will happen on the training field.
- There is talk of a rift in the dressing room between the older players and some of the younger members of the squad.
1.1A small room attached to a bedroom, used for dressing in and to store clothes.
- There are four bedrooms, two dressing rooms and two bathrooms on the first floor.
- She described the mid-19th century house as having four good rooms downstairs and five bedrooms and two dressing rooms above.
- It turned out to be the part of the wall that was once a doorway, between a dressing room and a bedroom.
Definition of dressing room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.