Definition of dressing room in English:
1A room in which actors or sports players change clothes before and after their performance or game.
- I've been in dressing rooms with players who had no knowledge of football.
- There will be an uneasiness in the dressing room and players will wonder what will happen on the training field.
- There is talk of a rift in the dressing room between the older players and some of the younger members of the squad.
1.1A small room attached to a bedroom, used for dressing in and to store clothes.
- There are four bedrooms, two dressing rooms and two bathrooms on the first floor.
- She described the mid-19th century house as having four good rooms downstairs and five bedrooms and two dressing rooms above.
- It turned out to be the part of the wall that was once a doorway, between a dressing room and a bedroom.
Definition of dressing room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan