- Pieces of wood which are floating on the sea or have been washed ashore: a fire made of driftwood [as modifier]: beaches covered in driftwood logsMore example sentences
- Not much of it has been at sea for long - not real good mantelpiece driftwood, more like firewood driftwood.
- Jess was reeling in a piece of driftwood covered in a bit of seaweed.
- But all he had were some notes he'd made, which described finding the man lying like a piece of driftwood on the beach.
More definitions of driftwoodDefinition of driftwood in:
- The US English dictionary