- A non-commissioned officer who trains soldiers in military parade exercises.More example sentences
- Tapes of military marches, a drill sergeant's orders and nostalgic 1950s songs add to the atmosphere.
- He previously served as a mechanized rifle company master gunner, drill sergeant, and Bradley fighting vehicle instructor.
- Something is wrong in our society when a high school football coach is allowed to be harder on his players than a drill sergeant is allowed to be on his soldiers in basic training.
More definitions of drill sergeantDefinition of drill sergeant in:
- The US English dictionary